Procedures and policies regarding student attendance
ARRIVAL TO SCHOOL
- The school building opens at 7:00 a.m. Office hours are from 7:10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Breakfast is served from 7:10 a.m. to 7:25 a.m. daily.
- When students enter the building, they will report to the cafeteria if they eat breakfast or to other designated common areas to sit and wait until the 7:20 bell. When the first bell rings at 7:20 a.m., students will have 10 minutes to go to their lockers and be in their first class of the day on time.
- At 7:30 a.m., the second bell rings. All students need to be in their classrooms.
- Students arriving after 7:30 a.m. must sign in at the front office and get a pass before being admitted to their first class.
- Students must bring a note from a parent/guardian explaining the tardiness, and office staff will determine if the tardy should be excused or unexcused based on the reason identified.
- Students who arrive tardy to school more than three times in one quarter will be referred to their grade level counselor administrator and will be assigned progressive consequences.
- Parents must call the attendance line at 703-658-5919 when their child will be absent from school.