Principal's Note - Nov 22, 2022
Translate this page
Good afternoon, Holmes Families!
I am sharing a pared-down weekly newsletter this week since we have a holiday! There will not be another weekly newsletter until Friday, December 2nd. Students will be off the remainder of the week and will return on Monday, 11/28. On Tuesday, 11/29, all students will take the Winter Math VGA assessment.
Superintendent Community Conversation at Annandale HS - 11/29
Please join us for a Superintendent Community Conversation at Annadale HS on November 29th at 6:30-7:30 p.m. Learn more about Dr. Michelle Reid, FCPS superintendent, and help her get to know our school community. Language interpretation will be provided, as available, as well as child care and light refreshments. Please register to attend
Here are today's newsletter topics:
- Student Services Information
- 2022-23 Blue/White Schedule
- 2022-23 Bell Schedule
- After School Schedule Next Week
- Important Upcoming Dates
- How to Stay Connected to Holmes MS
Please feel free to reach out and let us know what questions you have. Thank you, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Proud Principal, Holmes MS
Student Services Information
2022-23 Blue/White Calendar
From Mr. Kruk, our After School Specialist
After-School Program Students of the Week
- Noah Beggs & Drisha Singh
- Noah & Drisha have been critical leaders in several of our After-School clubs including; Lego Masters, Podcast club, & Appian Board Games
- This week, Noah & Drisha worked together to be the first team to complete their Lego set in Lego Masters Club
- Congrats Noah & Drisha!
ASP Student of the Week Celebration – This week we celebrated our ASP Students of the Week from the first & second quarter.
Jump Rope Club – Students were seen practicing their jump rope skills during our Jump Rope Club.
Flag Football League – Players gave it their all as their teams competed against one another in Flag Football League.
After School Schedule Next Week
Students Leaving After-School before 4:45
- Any student staying after school must be signed out of the main office by a parent or guardian if leaving prior to 4:45.
- Walkers may sign themselves out any time after 3:30 when first block ends.
Contact the After-School Specialist, Matt Kruk, @email
Important Upcoming Dates
- 11/23 - 11/25 - NO SCHOOL / Thanksgiving
- 12/2 - 12/9 - Scholastic Book Fair
- 12/7, 9-10 am - Parent Coffee: Positive Discipline (Virtual & In-person option)
- 12/19/2022 - 1/2/2023 - NO SCHOOL / Winter Break
- 1/10, 9-10 am - Parent Coffee
- 1/16 - NO SCHOOL / Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday
- 1/25 - 2nd Quarter Ends / 2-Hour Early Release
- 1/26 - NO SCHOOL / Staff Development Day
- 1/27 - NO SCHOOL / Teacher Workday
How to Stay Connected to Holmes MS
Please stay in touch with us throughout the year by:
- keeping your contact information up-to-date throughout the year
- visiting the Holmes MS website
- signing up for News You Choose
- following us on Twitter
- monitoring your student's progress with SIS Parent Account
- join the Holmes MS PTA and attend meetings