Holmes Closet Outreach Program
Translate this page
Our Holmes Family Liaison, Ms. Alemtsehay Oncho is gathering items each month for the Holmes Closet Outreach Program
WHY do you want to contribute to the program?
Families in need are grateful that individuals collect items to distribute to them because they have an immediate need.
WHEN and WHERE will the activity take place?
All year long! For your convenience, donation boxes are located near the Main Office and all teacher lounges. Bring perishable items to the Main Office.
WHAT can I give?
Any item can be given at any time ... Gift Cards, Masks, Clothes, Food, Diapers, Sundries, Toys, kitchenware, Shampoo and conditioner, soap, shaving cream, deodorant, tissues, paper towels, diapers, toothpaste, toothbrushes, first aid supplies more ideas below ...
Food items (Bring perishable items to the Main Office):
- Specialty, vegetables, fruits
- Dry items: Rice, Beans, lentils, pasta, Pancake mix, salt, flour, sugar, etc. Wet Items (Packaged/Canned): Soup, tuna, beans, corn, syrup, oil, etc.
- Winter wear - Gloves, Hats, Scarves, Thermals or, if you sponsor a family in a warm weather climate, cotton or fleece blanket or towels.
Sundry and Paper items: Shampoo and conditioner, soap, shaving cream, deodorant, tissues, paper towels, diapers, toothpaste, toothbrushes, first aid supplies
- Like new toys: Bikes, Skateboards and Scooters, Helmets
Items will be announced in SOAR each month, are subject to change, and based on immediate need
- August – Shampoo and Conditioner
- October – Socks and Children’s Pajamas
- November – Non-perishable Thanksgiving food items
- Late Nov/December – Food store gift cards, winter wear, new toy items, in original packaging, but not gift wrapped, please.
- January – Warm clothing items, Shampoo and Conditioner, Soap, Toothpaste and Toothbrushes
- February – Toys, Bath Soap, Shaving Cream, Face Soap, Deodorant, body creams
- March – Spring clothing items, tissues, wipes, paper towels, diapers
- April 16 – Toothpaste and Toothbrushes; First Aid Supplies: Band-Aids, antibiotic cream
- May 15 – Backpacks and School Supplies
Questions? Please contact
Family Liaison, Holmes MS | Phone: 703-658-5923
School Social Worker, Holmes MS | Phone: 703-658-5711