Welcome Holmes MS Students!
If you are new to Holmes Middle School and have not attended FCPS before please register here.
New Parent Orientation from Aug 18, 2022. This presentation is an overview of staff, daily routines, after school clubs, and technology tools for our Holmes families.
Families, please review the forms below to ensure you have submitted all appropriate paperwork.
If you have not done so already, please complete all of the required forms and email them to our Student Service Assistant, Wendy Y. Alfaro @email or bring directly to school.
Mandatory forms to return:
- Emergency Care Card Please ensure all information is accurate. We must be able to contact you in the event of an emergency.
- The Emergency Care Forms (ECC) can also be accessed at [email protected] to view and update information. (Please note that [email protected] is a part of FCPS 24-7 Learning: Parent View. In order to log into Parent View it is necessary to have an active SIS Parent Account - if you need a SIS Parent Account, please contact Mrs.Wendy Alfaro at [email protected] or 703-658-5940.
- Health Information Form
- Emergency Care Information
- Student Computer/Device Check out program acceptance of responsibility and Home use Agreement:
- After School Registration Form
Optional forms to return (if applicable):
- Free and Reduced lunch application
- 6th grade Opt-Out Form
- 7th grade Opt-Out Form
- 8th grade Opt-Out Form
- Homeless Form
- Military Form
Below is additional information to review at your leisure.
Immunizations are required for public school entry and help keep children protected from many diseases. Many children missed their well check-ups and their recommended childhood immunizations during recent years of disruptions from COVID-19. It is critical to catch up now to keep children healthy and protect them from serious diseases.
We encourage you to check with your healthcare provider to make sure your child is up to date on required immunizations for the 2022-23 school year as soon as possible. If your child needs a vaccine to complete their records, you can make an appointment with your healthcare provider or visit the Fairfax County Health Department website for a schedule of child immunization clinics.
7th Grade: Seventh grade students cannot begin school in August without documentation of the Tdap and Meningococcal vaccines.
- One dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis) given at age 7 or older.
- One dose of Meningococcal Vaccine (MenACWY, Menactra, or Menveo) given at age 10 or older.
- Two doses of HPV (Human Papillomavirus) vaccine. The first dose shall be administered before the child enters the 7th grade. After reviewing educational materials approved by the Board of Health, the parent or guardian, at the parents or guardians’ sole discretion, may elect for the child not to receive the HPV vaccine. FCPS does not require opt-out documentation for the HPV vaccine.
The following clinics provide immunizations to low income families or those families with or without insurance:
Remember to request documentation of your child’s immunizations and bring that to Holmes MS as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
Your one-stop shop for course information, teacher introduction videos, and our transition plan to "Honors for All"