Address Changes and Updates

To update your address in our system, you will need to do the following:

Step 1: Confirm that your address is in the Holmes Middle School Boundary using the FCPS Boundary Locator

  • The enrolling parent of the student must reside within the Holmes Middle School boundary

Step 2:  Gather the proof of address documentation depending on which option best applies to you. You should be selecting EITHER Option 1 OR Option 2

  • Option 1: Parents who reside with their child in a property that they own or rent generally should provide one of the following documents:
    • Deed of parent's house.
    • Lease agreement in parent's name signed by rental management office.
    • A resident manager's letter with company letterhead stating residence of parent.   
  • Option 2: Parents who live with the child in a residence of someone else need to provide all of the following:
    • FCPS Leaseholder or Homeowner Affidavit - The homeowner or leaseholder of residence where parent/child are residing must provide a notarized affidavit accompanied by the lease or deed. (The homeowner or leaseholder will not need to be present at the registration appointment.)
    • FCPS Residency Affidavit - The parent of the enrolling student must also provide a notarized affidavit stating his/her residence. 
    • Three official supporting documents as evidence of non-temporary residence. Acceptable documentation includes:
      • Employment - current payroll stub or current employer verification on company letterhead
      • Car - Virginia driver’s license, car registration, car insurance policy or bill, or Commonwealth of Virginia identification card
      • Utilities - bills from cell phone, Internet, gas, water, electricity, cable, or telephone
      • Taxes - current income tax form 1099, withholding form W-2
      • Other - bank statements, Department of Family Services, medical bills, Housing Choice Voucher, U.S. government issued document or other county or agency correspondence

Step 3:  Complete the Student Registration Form (an update for our files) and email that along with your proof of residency (as outlined above) to our registrar, @email.

Physical presence of the parent in the residence of the child is required for enrollment in FCPS. If a parent initially enrolls the student, but then leaves Fairfax County, a change in enrollment status may be necessary.

Experiencing Homelessness - If students are experiencing homelessness, parents or legal guardians may contact the Homeless Liaison Office at 571-423-4332 or refer to Information for Homeless Families for additional contacts and resources. In addition, any neighborhood school can provide enrollment assistance.